Tuesday, March 30, 2010

What Fun!!

So much in the last couple weeks...didn't have a chance to post. I got a new computer and had to transfer files and set it up...finally have my wireless in my house tonight. I have a little problem with computers - I know just enough to know it's not right, but not enough to fix it! So, I had two (not sure why two but who am I to complain - yes, Mary the one did follow me all the way once he caught up at the stop sign) technicians here for only about 20 minutes. It took me over two hours in trying and tons of frustration!

Husband continues to recover from surgery. He's having some pain but is getting better. His mother is here from Minnesota for a couple weeks to visit so the timing of his disability is good...and with spring break happening this next week, ds will love having grandma here!

I had a blast at camp...acquired some stash and finished a class project...see post of March 15th for first part, the stitching... It was a finishing class with Amy Bruecken....so cute. So here's some pics - there are a few!
This one with "eat dessert first" is Amy's...much better than mine! I loved making the curly-felt things...so much fun. And the class was tons of fun and Amy is so much fun! The beads and all the other embellishments were in the little green and black bag. So cute!
One of the other teachers was Deb Koch, the owner of Stitches N Things (sponsor of the weekend camp). She taught a cute needle-felted sculpted purse. I am sure I wouldn't come away with a few holes in my fingers from all the needles in that class.

Sharon Crescent of Crescent Colours was the third teacher of the weekend. What a fun person she is! I didn't take her class (a bird pincushion, Sew-phia) but the finished pieces were adorable...and I loved talking to her about the names of her fibers...I will never look at Jakey Brown or Nutmeggy the same again. This next picture is a piece I finished a couple years ago at camp. I started and finished this at the same camp - a rare thing! I believe the entire thing is from Crescent Colours - but I know for sure the heart kit is. (It was tic tac hearts - I think.) There are little bits of wool under the heart buttons making the tic-tac-toe. Love it! Hangs from the doorknob of my sewing room (studio a.k.a. purple passion room (see earlier posting for explanation),

You know, camp is only about an hour away from my house (if that). It took bff Mary and I about six hours to get there...what were we doing? Well, we had lunch by Deb's shop at Sagebrush Cantina - Yum, best mexican food around. And the shopping was before and after. Met my other bff and dear friend, Paulette to shop some...this is some of what I added to my studio: oh so much fun!




And this is more....quilting, fabric, kits, fibers, needles...
So, I guess that brings you up-to-date...thanks so much for following me...now that I have a computer again, I will get back to adding all the blogs I have been following at quite a bit (and I didn't know how to add, but do now)!

Stitch often and enjoy the weather if you're having what we have here in Michigan! Happy Easter all! Sherry










7 comments:

  1. Glad you had a grand time! I love all the projects! And that batik fabric pile! Yummy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherry, it sounds like you had a wonderful time! That cupcake finish is just too cute! I may have to give that a try. I love all your other finishes as well.

    I pray that your husband's recovery will be speedy.

    Hope your son has a fabulous spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice way to spend a weekend, with comrades in stitching. All of the projects look like a bunch of fun.
    Be always in stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherry - it sounds like you have a wonderful time. I've never attended any of Deb's retreats, but it sounds like I'm going to have to do that! And I know that the food was good at Sagebrush - we have one here in Lake Orion that we go to quite a bit - but watch out for the house margaritas - then really get to you! LOL I'm glad to hear that your DH is doing better and that your mom is there - I'm sure that will help you out a lot, especially with the kids being home for Spring Break. That's always a challenge isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you had a great time! And great stash acquisitions along the way!! I have to be honest... I think I like your version better than Amy's! The color of your fabric is great, and I really like the beads you chose!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your dh is continuing to improve, Sherry! Looks like you had a great time at the retreat and the projects are darling!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read my blog and comment! I read each and every one and appreciate them all. They make me smile!