Thursday, September 1, 2011

Progress!

A Happy September to all my regular followers and anyone who is checking this blog out!! I can't believe it's already gearing up for autumn - especially since Michigan is doing what she always does - perhaps 97* tomorrow and the humidity started to push me over the a/c edge last night - yep, went on this morning!!

So I was looking through some stash and discussing a project with one of my bestest friends, Mary. She, another friend Roz and I all bought the Berrie Pynboxe a few years ago. Roz finish-finished within a month or less...Mary took a little longer but she has the top finished. Me - not so much. I had it all together, roving for the pincushion that fits inside, wool for said pincushion, charm, fibers and fabric picked out (extra fibers since I wasn't sure if I was going to follow pattern exactly) - but I had not started. Sooooo, I started it when Mary said she had her top stitched...maybe we can assemble together since I am a finish-finishing idiot! Here is my progress thus far - just have the sweet little strawberries to do...maybe done this weekend, fingers crossed. Oh, almost forgot - it's by Historic Stitches.


While digging and rooting through stuff, I found something else I had every intention of finishing - all the way - in 2010...well, isn't there a saying about good intentions? I have lots of them, that's for sure. I know there is a saying about never enough time in the day!! That would be me too. Anyway, sidetracked and digressing abound...here is a O Christmas Tree designed by Judy Marcinkiewica of Sewing Chest Designs. She is a member of the Kindred Spirits Sampler Guild (it's the one I often blog about - the inspiring, talented members). This class was presented to us last year and folds up into a pocket/huswife to hold cute accessories. I pulled it out, finished up the verse - over one. The top part was done last year...hence the 2010 date. Also put in closeup shots of each section, especially since one is upside down when not finished into the pocket.



And while I was in the winter mood, I let it snow abit too. I worked on the snow on my Merry Christmas Ella Vaugh - changed to Winter Wonderland Sherry H. Put in 2011...so now it has to be stitched by the end of the year. I have a couple holly leaves to fill in and it will be ready for the finish-finish pile. I do like the way this one is working out; the picture really does not capture the proper linen color. I will work on a better pic when completely stitched. (BBD design)






I also worked just a tiny, tiny bit on the With Thy Needle & Thread Mystery Sampler. Here is that small progress, albeit progress nonetheless.





Had some additions to my stash (this disability is really killing my wallet now that I feel better and am internet shopping, stalking blogs making my list grow and grow, as well as getting out).




Can you tell I love me some BBD? And the sampler on the front of the S&AN magazine I saw on a blog somewhere - can't remember who now...but had to have it! I loved the verse, the flowers, the colors. Now to find time to get to that kit it up and get it started! And the Halloween fat quarters just had to come home with me - I hate spiders in my house, but these I will let live. The little owls are on purple and I thought would be a great addition to any Halloween pattern.

An update, if you wish to keep reading on now that all the stitching/quilting chattering is done...I am now done with physical therapy. I will be returning to work in September and am still working on endurance and balance. At the end of the day I am very tippy and have a foot issue with drag. I am not using the cane nearly as much, which is great and way ahead of schedule according to my doctor. Still have nerve issues and weird feelings or lack there of in my entire left leg and sometimes in my right leg in different areas.



My son is really into audio equipment in cars. He and his buddies are constantly building new boxes for amp and subs. They have even built boxes for extra cash for other people. He's getting pretty good at it. Being a loud stereo person myself, I can appreciate the sound (although he likes way more bass than I do) and we have had the conversation (many times) about being deaf in his 20's.... He has done some car shows with friends and recently took first place in his class. He let me take a pic with his trophy.




Even managed to get the puppy in the background. We call him puppy, but truly he is starting to show his age with how much he sleeps and how his chin, paws and tummy are all starting to show a lot of grey! This was also my son's first day as a college student. He wouldn't put on his backpack and pose - wonder why!! He thinks he is too old. Seems like just yesterday I have a pic of him with his backpack getting on the bus for kindergarten - the backpack seemed so huge on him - and it was a cute, dinky one.



Thanks for visiting, come back again...enjoy your Labor Day weekend... This weekend, I hope to have more stitching progress, maybe some family time with my sisters, their families and my mom. Tonight I go to the high school football game where they are recognizing the Bulldog Girls LaCrosse team as the Michigan State Champs for 2011. The championship was actually won on graduation day - school was already out. My nieces both play and Olivia was a senior on that team; Audrey will play varsity this year. Gotta go cheer, hoot & holler since I missed most of the games (all but one playoff) last year due to illness/surgery. The year before didn't miss a one and they fell to the State Champs in the final game; I don't intend on missing any games this spring either. Anyway, Audrey will also be doing the marching band thing and they spent time away at band camp recently readying themselves for this season.



Enjoy your weekend - stitch, read, quilt or do what makes you happy!



Sherry :0)

2 comments:

  1. Holy cow, gf! You have been busy! Berrie Pynboxe is going to be fantastic - as is the Christmas pocket. I wanted to buy that at the auction but got outbid! Your other stitching - Ella Vaughn and Mystery look great!

    I am so glad you're feeling better and getting so much done! See you at guild!

    Your strawberry looks great on you header!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to your son!! They grow up too quick, don't they?! I hope he loves college. Your pup is adorable, too. We call The Fluffinator a pup too, though he's 8. He's my baby, though.

    Your stitching--everything--looks great!! Love me some BBD, too. I need to get some of their Christmas stuff done.

    I'm glad you're feeling so much better!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read my blog and comment! I read each and every one and appreciate them all. They make me smile!