Thursday, July 28, 2011

Wet - Finally!

It's been raining off and on since yesterday afternoon. I was going to take some updated stitching pictures yesterday and was thwarted by the clouds and rain. Again today, it is going to be cloudy...so watch for pictures over the weekend! Believe me, I am not complaining about the rain - it is needed! Didn't do much for the humidity here, although we have a slight break from the heat. I, for one, am longing for the autumn weather....and maybe the snow. I am sure I will be a little nervous walking in the snow with all the issues I've had this year, can't fall! (Not that I make habit of that).

Thanks for all the well wishes and encouragement on my recovery/rehab from surgery. I have graduated (or have been kicked out, since there is no graduation party) from occupational therapy. I still am working with the physical therapists though - it's slow, but steady. Many things are returning to normal at home: sleeping in my own bed on the second level of our house, being able to stand long enough to help with dinner, baking a bit (though my weight doesn't need that), shower without aid of shower chair, ditching the walker for a cane, etc. And now that I am able and unrestricted on stairs, I have been helping with the laundry a bit and hope, HOPE to get in front of the sewing machine to work on a quilt that was in progress for my niece last Christmas. She wanted her turn last year even though she knew it would be Feb/Mar before she received it - then the back/virus issues happened and it is as it was in January. I would love to get it together before I return to work....that way it can be quilted and I will only have to do the binding. I only have two squares put together, I think, so I will put some pics up with the stitching pics when I check out where I left off. It's a Turning Twenty pattern with bright batiks - delicious!!!

Take care and hope this mid-week post finds all happy and stitching or doing whatever makes you happy!

Sherry

4 comments:

  1. Glad you are getting some rain. And very glad you are getting slowly but surely better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We could use a good shower here. No storms, just rain to cool down the temps. Keep feeling better and take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Send some rain my way - please!!!! We need a good day of a gentle soaking rain.

    Glad to hear you are getting around better!! Here's to continued improvement! Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank goodness for the rain, right? My grass resembles more like hay right now. I think it did go a bit overboard last night though - there was a lot of rain.

    Hope your back continues to improve and show some stitchy pictures soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read my blog and comment! I read each and every one and appreciate them all. They make me smile!