Sunday, January 8, 2012

First Finish, Traveling Pattern (2nd finish) and the Holidays!

The New Year's weekend brought a finish. I had started this and finished it in about six weeks. It's finish-finished as it came with the tuck away pillow. You know, I am not sure who did the design either...sorry as I should have written it down! It's one that came from my friend Mary - she wasn't going to finish it and I knew I would. I have a bench I change up seasonal pillows frequently throughout the year - it's going to be a cute, small addition next autumn. Thanks Mary, for not wishing to do this one!Hung out at my Mom's on Christmas Eve with my sisters, their families. It was loud, fun and festive. Afterward, my son and I went to midnight mass which is always very, very moving for me.


Christmas day at my house is extremely laid back. With a teenager in the house, we are not up at the crack of way-early! We just kind of hang out after opening gifts, eat some yummy breakfast, a really yummy dinner and then just lay around some more for the evening. Even Cody just lays around!


Santa brought tshirts for both of the guys in the house...John loves this show - I think it's called Benny Spies - it's a hunting show. He was pretty surprised.

And the son loves this one!
Remember this:




It's the traveling pattern arranged through Jennifer of Confessions of a Serial Starter to many of us all over the place, connected by blogworld. I was after Nataly and have the pleasure of sending it to Edgar tomorrow. Click all three of their names to see their blog - Jennifer's shows where the pattern has been, how we all interpret the pattern with colors and such.


Here are a couple shots of the whole thing. It's A B C D by La-D-Da.



This is up close of the border and the variegation of the fiber I used. It's done on 36 count LSL Vintage Tarnished Silver linen with faded memories fiber by The Thread Gatherer.


I did a double row of upright cross stitches instead of the called for cross stitch. I wanted to do a herringbone stitch but decided I didn't really like the way the vertical row looked.


Sorry for the shadow. We finally had a couple days of sun here in Michigan and I tried to capture, but it was spotty at best. My second finish of 2012...now time to put in framing pile.


So as far as other things - work is work, family is getting back to routines after holidays and vacations. Time for me to stitch a bit tonight so I will wrap it up.

May your 2012 be full of good health, lots of stitching time and much happiness!


Stitch happy :0)

Sherry

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful finish, Sherry! Great to see you today! I can't wait to see the finishes of the pieces you showed us today. All so pretty!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your finish of the ABCD piece! It's been so fun seeing everyone's take color and fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely finish! I love the fabric and thread you used -- so pretty! Sounds like you had a great Christmas too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pillow finish is so cute, Sherry! I love the idea of an area in your house that changes seasonally....I might just "borrow" this idea haha. It sounds like you had a great Christmas....awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the border! Congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you go girl!! Sweet finishes! I am glad that you had a good Christmas! The t-shirts for the guys look like fun. I do miss the days when my kids were young (and the amount of money spent on Christmas meant HUGE piles under the tree, instead of a small wrapped box! LOL) but it is nice to sleep in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely finishes, congratulations

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read my blog and comment! I read each and every one and appreciate them all. They make me smile!