Saturday, July 20, 2013

Hello, Old Friend

It seems like it's been weeks that I have sat down to visit with my sewing machine.  In reality, just about two and a half weeks...but that seems like forever ago.  So after errands were run and groceries bought and put away, I had a bite of lunch.
Yep, it's that time of year for Caprese Salad!  Not my fresh tomatoes yet, but my basil.  And yummy!

Then I grabbed something cool to drink and headed up to these.  It's a Jo's Little Woman Club 12 pattern. This is where I left off when last sitting in this chair.
After a couple hours I had trimmed down my pinwheels and then started sewing them to the solid squares.   I ended up getting about eight squares put together - five pinwheels with four solids.  

I would have spent more time working on them, but my husband kept coming up to tell me what movies were on t.v. and asking what I was doing...my cue to wrap things up and spend some time with him. 

I have been stitching quite a bit but don't have a current snap.  I will get that for you next time.

Reading quite a bit too.  Right now I am reading a book called Megan's Way and although it is a good book, it is very sad. 

Work has been more than hectic.  We were bought out at the end of last year, we are moving all of our employee insurance to the new company's insurance - lots of work when you are the only H.R. person.  Now don't get me wrong; I am not complaining since I am thankful I haven't been laid off yet.  The unknown of that is nerve-wracking but I am trying not to worry about that.   Employees are going to be unhappy - new health insurance company (not as well known as the older insurance), more money out of pocket each year in deductibles and copays and of course, the cost to the employee is also rising.  I work with many people who are maybe not the healthiest and we are moving to a wellness plan which I think is awesome and maybe will motivate some...but people are people and there will be many complaints.  Anyway, could be an interesting week!

Make it a good one, everyone - and thanks for checking in!  I appreciate all my followers :0) and love that you are interested.

Stitch and do things that make you happy,
Sherry :o)

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you crank out those pinwheels like no bodies business. Your salad is making me hungry! Good luck at work with the conversion.....you've got the right attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pinwheels look wonderful! So pretty! Pesky husband wanting you to watch TV with him. lol! Fingers crossed about your work. I hope the transition goes well and you keep your job too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pinwheels are looking lovely & the salad looks lovely.

    Hope the transition at work goes as smoothly as possible

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read my blog and comment! I read each and every one and appreciate them all. They make me smile!